We stop by Local 506 in Chapel Hill, NC to chat with their talent buyer/acquirer/procurer Stephen Mooneyhan. Topics this week include live band experiences involving body fluids, the intimate nature of seeing European bands tour the US, the increasing amount of pressure on up-and-coming bands, and the proper way to experience SXSW. Stephen then jumps into the playlist, which is fairly hardcore-focused.
This episode has some of the best conversation we’ve had to date!
Tracks on the playlist this week:
- “It’s My Job to Keep Punk Rock Elite” – NOFX
- “R.I.P.” – Cursed
- “Business Papers” – The Dopamines
- “Attrition” – Torch Runner
- “Sick, Later” – Bomb the Music Industry!
- “God Luck and Good Speed” – Weedeater
- “The Mummy” – Benji Hughes
Links mentioned this week:
- Michael Bay: What if Michael Bay made Waffles? | Michael Bay GIFs Subreddit
- Variations of “All Star” by Smash Mouth: Everyone at a different tempo | Bach chorale
- Essence of a Douchebag
- Chapel Hill band Cool Party
- The ‘First Lady of Bourbon’ says she was fired from the family business for being a lesbian (h/t Washington Post)
- Triangle-area music festivals: Hopscotch | Manifest II