Back from holiday and wandering around the 2017 edition of the Hopscotch Music Festival in downtown Raleigh, we sat down in the courtyard of the NC State Capitol to chat with Jae and Gus, the duo that makes up Massachusetts-based band Boy Harsher, about the technical aspects of sampling and making beats in electronic music, the process of naming songs/bands, and Italiodisco.
Check out Boy Harsher on Bandcamp and be sure to pick up their new EP, Country Girl, when it drops this fall.
Tracks on the playlist from this episode:
- “Cod’ine” – Buffy Sainte-Marie
- “Rockit” – Herbie Hancock
- “Congealer” – Angels in America*
- “Pandemic” – Rabit
- “L’esclave Endormi” – Richenel
- “Running From The Police” – Beat Detectives*
- “On and On” – Decadence*
(* = not available on Spotify)